Wednesday, October 4, 2023

KNOW YOUR SEASON

    Here we are in October already! Wow! I think 2023 has been one of the fastest years yet. Add to that being in a season of transition in your life and you begin to wonder what in the world is going on.

     This morning I read two quotes that really got me thinking about how much more in these days we need to trust God and have discernment with all that's going on around us. Most define discernment as knowing the difference between right and wrong. Spurgeon says, “Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right.”

 "The present is all I ever have. There is never a time when my life is not “this moment.” When I feel the uneasiness, anxiety, tension, stress, and worry—they are all forms of fear and are caused by too much future and not enough present. When I feel guilt, regret, resentment, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non-forgiveness, they are caused by me focusing too much on the past and not enough on the present. The basic problem is the attachment of my mind to the past and the future and the denial of the now. My present is the key to my freedom. I do not let my mind create an obsession with the future as an escape from the present. My life is now!" --Lou Tice

Jesus is present in your now moments. You are not alone! --Ceitci Demirkova

Here’s a few scriptures to ponder…

“But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to distinguish between good and evil.”  (Heb. 5:14 NASB)

“And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,” (Phil. 1:9 NKJV)

“Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; Whoever is discerning, let him know them. For the ways of the Lord are right, And the righteous will walk in them, But wrongdoers will stumble in them.” (Hosea 4:9 NASB)

Are you ready to step into the season God has for you? If so, get ready for a “shift.” I will be posting more about a transition to the shift in the next day or so.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving Forward in Life

This article was originally written in 2017. For the past few days, I've been thinking it needs to be shared again. Whoever needs this n...